FunnelAI’s Friday Five is a collection of five of the coolest news articles and ideas from us and the tech industry.
1. What We’re Watching: There are plenty of misconceptions about AI out there. Check out this video and get the facts.
2. What We’re Writing: Companies of all sizes are feeling the pressure to upgrade their technology in order to stay competitive. New technology can help your employees be more productive and can boost your sales. The struggle comes when trying to get every employee on board. Here’s how you can implement new software and keep everyone happy:
3. What We’re Learning: “With today’s consumers on the go, it’s no wonder shopping is becoming more digital and social than ever before. Mobile-first shopping is up 24% over the past year and more than half of consumers (58%) say social media directly influences their purchasing decisions.”
4. What We’re Reading: “The Crew Interactive Mobile Companion (or CIMON, for short) recorded a number of firsts on its initial mission to the International Space Station, which took place last November, including becoming the first-ever autonomous free-floating robot to operate aboard the station, and the first-ever smart astronaut assistant. But CIMON is much more than an Alexa for space, and CIMON-2, which launched aboard today’s SpaceX ISS resupply mission, will demonstrate a number of ways the astronaut support robot can help those working in space — from both a practical and an emotional angle.”
5. This Week in Tech History: December 2, 1991 – Apple Releases QuickTime
“Apple releases version 1.0 of QuickTime, a multimedia extension for playing color video, transforming the capabilities of personal computers. Before QuickTime, only specialized computers could play color video. QuickTime allowed anyone with a personal computer to do so and it changed the history of computing – in more ways than one. It was the patent infringement battle over QuickTime that led to the now-famous truce between Steve Jobs and Bill Gates in 1997 that helped Apple survive long enough to transform itself in the 2000’s.” – https://thisdayintechhistory.com/
Thanks for reading! We’ll catch you next week to share a brand new Friday Five. Make sure to read all of our other blog posts at funnelai.com/blog