FunnelAI’s Friday Five is a collection of five of the coolest news articles and ideas from us and the tech industry.
1. What We’re Up To: Team Funnel is headed to Digital Dealer 27 on Monday. Will you be there? Stop by our booth to learn how you can revolutionize your sales process.
2. Quick Tip: Millenials and Gen Z still want to make their car purchase in-store. Good news for dealerships, but this highlights the importance of modernizing the car buying experience to keep them happy.
3. What We’ve Been Listening To: Artificial Intelligence Sniffs Out Unsafe Foods – Researchers trained machine-learning algorithms to read Amazon reviews to find foods that might be recalled by the FDA.
4. Upcoming Events: We’re hosting a panel featuring women in advanced tech and AI on August 28 at Trinity University. Come help us support our mission of increasing diversity in tech. RSVP here: bit.ly/2OK7ud3
5. This Week in Tech History: The world’s first “smartphone” went on sale. The IBM Simon Personal Communicator was a mobile phone with computer functions. It would have cost you $899 (or $1435 in current dollars). Source
Thanks for reading! We’ll catch you next week to share a brand new Friday Five. Make sure to read all of our other blog posts at funnelai.com/blog